Wednesday, September 4th

SXSW Panel Picker

It seems too early to be talking about SXSW, doesn’t it? In Austin we just live in the time between South by Southwests. I had a great time at SXSW 2013 and am hoping to get more involved in next year’s conference.

SXSW

For those of you who don’t know, the process to present at the conference involves crowd-sourcing. People give a thumbs up or thumbs down for sessions they are interested in and this vote accounts for 30% of the selection process. SXSW board and staff consideration make up the remaining 70%.

I’m part of a proposed panel that will discuss the Micropolitics of Food Writing. Joined by fellow food writers, this promises to be an interesting and dynamic discussion.

I am also invested in two other panels for my job. The first is a look at Content Discoverability and the nature of book awareness today. The second is an analysis of how the music industry leads the trends of the book industry, with a clever Jay Z name drop in the title.

If you are so inclined to vote for these three panels, I’d be so appreciative. Registration just takes your name and email so it’s quick and easy. With over 4,000 submissions to SXSW, many don’t make it in. Every vote will help our chances! Voting ends on Friday, September 6th.

One Response

  1. Lauren says:

    Just voted! I’m so excited for SXSW. I just moved to Austin two months ago & I’ve been counting down the days ever since. I love it here & I’m sure SXSW will only help that!

Leave a Reply