Okay, everyone. We’re in the home stretch. Christmas is right around the corner and from what I’ve gathered in the stores this weekend, the masses are still very much shopping. It’s not too late, peeps. Get out there and finish the job!
Today’s guest post is by Kar Yi Lim, one of my very favorite beauty bloggers. I stumbled upon her blog Angelic Betrayal when I was checking out a hot new beauty item, and I’ve been a fan ever since. Her honest reviews touch on the latest and greatest, while also covering the occasional classics. What I especially love is the range of products she discusses, giving drugstore brands as fair shot as the high end products. But it’s her smart writing and down to earth peek at her fabulous NYC life that keep me hooked on this young blogger’s site. So check it out, ladies. I know you’ll all love her, too.
Presenting the Angelic Betrayal Gift Guide for Beauty Lovers
In just a few days, Christmas will be upon us and the culmination of weeks of gift-finding fervor will end in a heap of new goodies for the New Year amid a flourish of festive wrappings. The holidays are one of the best times to shop for beauty products because limited edition bundles abound and often are a great value for the money. Besides, who doesn’t want to feel extra pretty and pampered this time of year? If you still have to find gifts for the beauty lovers in your life, here are some of my picks that will be great under the tree!
1. Sephora Favorites Fragrance Sampler For Her or Him ($50): Every year, Sephora releases a sampler of 12 mini fragrance samples so you can try out several high-end scents. The real kicker is that the set includes a voucher which you can use to redeem the full size bottle of your favorite in the collection. As bonuses, the women’s set includes a pink pouch, perfect for carrying your everyday essentials, and the men’s set includes a Jack Black shave gel.
2. Stila All is Bright Lip Glaze Set ($25): The Stila lip glazes are sheer, non-sticky lipglosses that younger girls will definitely adore. This set is great for stocking stuffers as you can pop a gloss into eight separate gifts. Or you can gift this entire set to a makeup beginner so they can have an entire range of shades for every occasion!
3. Lush Little Green Bag ($25.95): For any vegan beauty enthusiast, the Lush Little Green Bag is the way to go. It includes a soap, solid shampoo with storage tin, body scrub and massage bar all wrapped up in an eco-friendly scarf. Those new to Lush will experience a unique approach to effective body care – while doing good for the environment!
4. Inglot Freedom System Palette (Price Varies): An avid makeup junkie who loves color and highly pigmented eyeshadows, blushes, and lipsticks will love a customizable palette from Inglot. The pigmentation of Inglot products is incredible and the do-it-yourself approach results in an endless combination of palettes. Gifting an Inglot giftcard is probably the best way to ensure your recipient loves their palette 100%!
5. L’Occitane Savons de Provence ($25): Give the gift of simple bath time luxury with a collection of L’Occitane’s extra-gentle shea butter soaps. These French-made soaps come in a variety of lovely fragrances that will soothe irritation of the skin and mind.
6. Sephora by OPI Spice Market Collection ($19.50): Nail art has been a hit in the beauty world this year and this set of miniature polishes offers a unique variety of finishes and colors. Included is a fierce, cream orange, a shimmery red, a silver glitter and a duochrome gold to ensure whoever receives this gift has nails that are always on point. The consistency of Sephora by OPI polishes is always great and the small bottles are perfect for travel and touch-ups.
7. Jurlique Herbal Recovery Antioxidant Gel Mask ($48): After several consecutive nights of feasting and partying, tired skin will love a skincare treat and this mask is perfect for plumping and hydrating. When the holidays are over, this gift will be perfect for relaxing night at home due to its soothing, herbal fragrance and cooling gel texture. Beads of Vitamin E to reduce fine lines make this an ideal gift for a more mature recipient.