Getting a Birchbox every month has really spoiled me. I’m addicted to a box of surprise samples being delivered to my door. For those of you looking to up the ante, the NewBeauty Test Tube is where it’s at. Same as the Birchbox, you will automatically be billed for each box until you cancel. The Test Tube comes quarterly and is $29.95. Plus, you have to pay for shipping, about $8. I enrolled in May and just received my third one.
The Test Tube arrives in a pink box. Inside is the newest issue of NewBeauty magazine and a tube filled with goodness. The magazine is thick, glossy, and all about plastic surgery. The cover of this quarter’s magazine features Courtney Cox. The last two covers featured Jennifer Lopez and Gwyneth Paltrow. I always flip through and toss it pretty quickly. The contents of the tube are what I want!
The Test Tube samples are usually deluxe size, but they always throw in a couple full size products, too. (Yay!) The products range from luxurious to middle of the road, and sometimes they throw in a drugstore brand. (Boo.) Each tube comes with a booklet detailing the products and how to use them. These are very well done, in my opinion.
They also give you a gift card towards a purchase on Spalook. My first two tubes included $20 cards towards a $100 purchase, but this tube had a $50 card towards a $200 purchase.
In this tube:
- AHAVA Extreme Day Cream. This promises to reduce wrinkles and firm skin. It contains active Dead Sea minerals. $68
- Kerstin Florian Foot Balm. This is part of a European line of products (made in California) and I’m a fan. It smells of menthol, rosemary, pine and lavender and repairs dry/cracked feet. $32
- Kneipp Lavender Herbal Bath. This contains essential oils to help combat fatigue and is a natural stress reliever. $19
- Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Corrector. This was a full size product. It’s a daily moisturizer that uses Vitamin C to fade discolorations in skin tone. $17-$20
- Hydroxatone Instant Wrinkle Filler. Another full size product. It utilizes silicon microbeads to fill in fine lines and wrinkles. $80
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More Anti-Aging Mattifying Lotion. An oil-free lotion that uses apple stem cells to preserve and smoothe the skin. $60
- Lashfood Eyelash Conditioner. Another full size product. Conditions, strengthens and grows your lashes. $95
- Moroccan Oil Glimmer Shine Spray. Argan oil spray attracts and reflects light to enhance highlights and shine. $26
- Hydroxatone 90-Second Wrinkle Reducer. This was just a little foil packet sample, a wrinkle-reducing serum. $80
This was a fun tube, although I’m not sure that I’ll use everything. You may be seeing some of these products in some giveaways in the near future!